Warning: this dessert is extremely delicious.
- 60ml Lucid Absinthe
- 220g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids or higher), broken into pieces
- 15g unsalted butter
- 120ml imported English double cream (available at Whole Foods)
- pinch of sea salt
- Put the chocolate, salt and butter into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the cream in a bain-marie until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and butter, stirring to bring together and melt the chocolate.
- Slowly pour in the absinthe, stirring to bring it together. If it starts to split, return to a very low heat, stirring well.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Then toast a handful of pecans on a baking sheet for 6 mins or until aromatic and browning.
- To assemble, put a cake on a small plate, drizzle with absinthe chocolate sauce and dust with pecans. Dust with powdered sugar too if you like.
- Lily Vanilli’s Sweet Tooth, available from Cannongate books, 2012