- 1/2 teaspoon Lucid Absinthe
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 cube of sugar (can be substituted with 1 teaspoon simple syrup)
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Lemon peel
- Pack a 3-1/2 ounce Old Fashioned (rocks) glass with ice
- In another Old Fashioned glass, moisten the sugar cube with just enough water to saturate it, then crush.
- Blend with the whiskey and bitters.
- Add a few cubes of ice and stir to chill.
- Discard the ice from the first glass and pour in the Lucid Absinthe. Coat the inside of the entire glass, pouring out the excess.
- Strain the whiskey into the Lucid Absinthe coated glass.
- Twist the lemon peel over the glass so that the lemon oil drips into the drink, then rub the peel over the rim of the glass; do not put the twist in the drink.